After some requests, here is one of my favorite posts.
There are some pretty simple ways that I take care of my own mental illness.
1. I take my medication daily as prescribed. You can read about that here.
2. I exercise. You can read here what I wrote about walking.
3. I keep my appointments with my psychiatrist and my therapist, and I tell them everything that is going on in my life.
4. I remain sober. I’ve written about the hell of my drinking days here. I plan to write more on the miracle of sobriety.
5. I try to eat wholesome food. This is probably where I fall short, because I think I live on peanut butter.
6. I share what I have learned. I don’t believe that it’s possible for me to remain happy and healthy without helping others. I do it by participating in a 12-step program, through this blog, and by being available to…
View original post 147 more words