Friends, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award, which is given from one blog to another. I would like to thank Rose over at RosieSmrtiePants for the honor. I am tickled pink.
It seems the only rule is that the recipient’s blog must have fewer than 200 followers, a number I certainly fall beneath. Some of the award’s origins can be read about here.
I either accept or reject the award. Who am I to turn down something so prestigious? I accept, and I do it with a smile.
There are a few things acceptance requires. First, I must disclose eleven things about myself. Please, be aware I keep this blog very anonymous for various reasons, so I won’t be revealing any skeletons from my closet today. In any event, here is my list:
- It rains buckets where I live.
- I live near the sea.
- I feel connected to the literal ground I call home.
- I classify my house as a cottage.
- Fragrant flowers grow near my cottage.
- My neighbor grows the most succulent fruit and vegetables next door, and he shares thankfully.
- I am spiritual but not at all religious.
- I read tarot cards for myself and others.
- I can’t watch television.
- My beau is awful about returning calls.
- I sometimes wish I had the fortitude to be a vegetarian.
I doubt that list lets any cats out of any bags. However, there is more. I have to answer eleven questions Rose posed.
- If you could wake up tomorrow and instantaneously change one thing, what would it be? That my friend would be alive.
- Coffee or tea? Tea of all varieties. I am a connoisseur of enjoying tea from selection of the leaves to selection of the pot to adding honey or sugar.
- Worst bad habit? I am learning that there is nothing bad about me.
- Your best quality? My intelligence.
- How many hours do you get and how many hours of sleep do you need each night? I get and need nine hours of sleep.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.”
- Book you’re reading right now? Blue Coyote by Christopher Moore – very funny and recommendable.
- What do you think about the Kindle or Nook? I have a Kindle and like it very much.
- Resolutions at New Year’s? No, I don’t think I need the burden.
- What is in your garden? Grass and fragrant shrubs.
- Do you think your current treatment regimen is working? Yes, at long last.
Answering those was not as simple as I’d first thought. Thank you, Rose. You gave me plenty to pause and think about.
As part of receiving the award, I get to nominate eleven other bloggers. This will be tricky given that I follow few that fit the requirement of having fewer than 200 followers, but I’ll see what I can come up with.
I realize that is only five and not eleven, but we’ll have to accept these as what I can come up with. It was interesting that two bloggers I follow have already received the Liebster Award.
To those I’ve nominated, should you accept the award, please, tell us eleven things about you and answer the following questions:
- What makes you stop in your tracks?
- When was the last time something took your breath away?
- Do you wear shoes in the house?
- Where are your feet right now?
- Where do you wish your feet were right now?
- Why do you wish to be there?
- Plane, train, or automobile?
- When was the last time you yelled “whee!”?
- Riding a roller coaster or a day at the seashore?
- Do you have time to smell the roses?
- What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
After answering, ask eleven more questions of eleven eligible bloggers.
Once more, thank you, Rose, for the award. It’s an honor and a pleasure to participate.